Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ready ... Set ... STITCH!

Several months ago, as I was browsing through blog-land, I came across a link to Leann's House which took me to a link for the new Vignette magazine.  Yes, like everyone here, it was love at first sight.  Normally I'm not an impulse buyer, but every once in a while, my un-normal self comes to the forefront. 

I immediately began searching Google for a US supplier for the magazines.  Ordered them and within a week had them in my hands.  Took a quick peek and was immediately struck with the Vignette In Stitches BOM bug.  This was one I absolutely had to add to my already packed collection of WIPs. 

Although I love the original fabrics used in the project, I knew that ultimately it wasn't "me."  So I began to look for something comparable that was a bit more my style.  I kinda knew what I wanted, but also knew that it had been out for a couple of years already, so finding a full fat quarter bundle of it would be a challenge.

It must have been fate, because I found possibly the only bundle left online of "Spring Magic" by April Cornell.  Love the colors ... love the "springiness" of the palette ... love the softness of the designs ... it was perfect!

Because there is so much depth to the prints, I thought it would be a nice balance to use some Moda Bella Solids to mix things up a bit.



I now have all my materials ...
Vignette Issues 1 & 2
Main fabric collection ... Spring Magic by April Cornell for Moda
Additional fabric collection ... Nature's Chorus by April Cornell for Moda
Coordinating fabric ... Moda Bella Solids
Hankie Linen
Fusible Batting
Cosmo Floss



Part of me just wants to keep all my fabrics collected, neat and gorgeous, but the quilter in me can't wait to dive in.

I'm so happy to be joining everyone here.  It's so fun to see all of the different collections that we're using.

Lani
California

p.s. As of May 1, 2011, Hawthorne Threads just received the "Sweet Broderie" collection of fabrics.  I'm sure they'll go quick!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! This project sucked you right in didn't it!! (Like it has with all of us!!) Your fabrics look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had much better luck than I did finding the magazines in the US. I am getting mine from Canada. Trying to decide on doing something from my stash or Moda's Dragonfly Summer. Maybe both???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics are so pretty. I love their tones. Don't even look at the hexagon quilt in Issue 2 or you won't get started!!! It has strange addictive powers..Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabric choices and I have never done a BOM before (nor a quilt as big as this one will be) there are so many of us with this mutual Vignette bug and so far it looks wonderful no matter what colours or style of fabrics everyone has chosen! And thanks for the heads up about Sweet Broderie, I have mine, but I love it so much I have to grab more... more more more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree it was love at first sight !!! and the most wonderful that it was worldwide !! I got all my fabrics and magazines directly from Australia. I like to see the project with other fabrics, they are all so beautiful !
    So now I'm waiting to see yours ! :)
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt will be beautiful. I can't wait to see you get started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get your magazines from? Several of the links on the Vignette site didn't work, or the websites were closed.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete