Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Monday, May 23, 2011

Fianlly my No. 1 Block is done....

I am one of these late starters but I have now finished my block One of Leannes beautiful BOM


I didn’t have Cosmo threads so converted the colours to use Aurifil threads. I am enjoying using these threads very much.

The fabrics I am using are ‘Swell’ by Urban Chicks and I am using the Hanky Linen for the stitchery blocks. I really love using the Hanky Linen and just might have to use this in future stitcherys too.

I am about half way thru stitching Block Two and have all the Shoo Fly blocks sewn, all the fabric is cut and placed into the plastic bags and numbered. So I am getting there slowly.
Can't wait for Vignette #3 to come out :o)More excitement!!!
Hugs to all......Vicki

11 comments:

  1. Vicki, that is just beautiful. Can't wait to see more..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, your finished block looks great Vicki! Look forward to seeing your next block ...
    Happy stitching, P

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great Vicki,i need to get back to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block looks beautiful Vicki, I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many strands and what weight of the Aurifil did you use for the stitchery? It looks great.
    t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that hand stitching? I love to hand stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swell is my most favourite range EVER! It's just gorgeous! Well done on the great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy I use one strand and the weight is Ne12 :) Thanks everyone for your lovely comments....I really am enjoying stitching and sewing this BOM :) hugs Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your block is gorgeous and I love how those Aurifil threads look. It is a lovely block to stitch isn't it.... slow going though... for me anyway! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fabric range you are using! It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete