Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Monday, March 14, 2011

Threads and Sweet Broderie, on the way to me, but I couldn't wait...

I also kind of started panicking, what if my stitching sucked and I didn't like the blocks because my stitching was so bad. I decided I needed to do some practising to make sure it was ok, and I was so excited about looking through Vignette issue 2 (Thanks for the quick postage Perri!) that I wanted to do something Vignette-ish...

So I worked on my project preparation. I decided to prettify (is that a word?) my zip lock bags in with fabric stickers. (I bought some double sided tape, stuck the fabric on one side and stuck it to the bag), then wrote the block numbers on them.

I used leftover scraps from a Fat Quarter of fabrics by Patty Young from the Playdate Collection.

Then I realised that the remember notice board project in Vignette issue 1 had similar stitching on it
. So I made it up with scraps; cut it in half (if I had done one of the stitcheries up side down, I needed have cut it, but only got my idea after); added a zipper and lining and made it into a pouch to store my zip lock bags.

This is exactly the same pattern as the Remember Project, I just changed the words to read Vignette Project!

That is the front, and the back is below :)
My stitching did need work, but I will try to get in some more practise before I get started officially!

17 comments:

  1. WOW, what a great project all of your own. Love the fabrics you've used, and the whole idea. I think your stitching is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I really can't wait to start! I realised also I was supposed to satin stitch those circles, so I am pretending it was a choice ;)

    I also found that my hands shake a lot when I am tracing (also when I paint my nails and blah blah...) and I traced with a permanent marker, so am going to have to think of some way to help me not make shaky lines on the precious hanky linen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Zippered pouch, your stitching looks perfect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bulletin board didn't appeal to me as it's too nice to cover with bits of paper, but I love your variation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I'm totally in love with your pouch. You wouldn't think it possible to make such pretty fabric even prettier... but you did it!!
    Jumping up here to send you a Mexican Wave!!
    Don't worry about your stitching... it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your pouch looks so pretty, beautiful fabric and perfect stitching! And what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea and such a useful one too. I think we all need one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredibly wonderful idea!!! Do you mind if I borrow it? (the idea I mean) by the way, you stitching looks excellent to me. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, meant to tell you, I haven't started yet either...had surgery last week so my Vignette is going to be a late summer start for me. I may be the last one to the finish line, but I will get there, LOL. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving it! and you'll have the two years it takes to make this quilt to enjoy your lovely pouch. You have inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course anyone can use the idea, that is why I posted about it :) I would just recommend that you do the stitcheries so that either the main one is upside down or the the 2 smaller ones are, that way you just need to fold it in half, instead of cutting it and re-sewing together so that they stitching is the right way up like I did.

    There are so many tutorials on lining and zips for pouches, I just used a pattern I had for a handbag and used that so that I could add them.

    Cheers
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pouch is beautiful it doesn't look to me like you need much practice at the stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waohhhh ! it's just beautiful !!! I love it ! I think you're OK to start now !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  14. Q I love the pouch..may need to make one for me. I am stitching away on the borders from Issue 1. I hope your fabric arrives soon and you enjoy it! Have a Happy Birthday. For those who are having troubles tracing have you tried Transfer Eze? You run it through an ink jet print and stick it on the top of your stitchery fabric. It washes away when you are through stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You have gone to so much trouble. And that's before you have even started the quilt! I felt quite exhausted just reading about it and very envious of your beautiful bags and incredible organisation.

    ReplyDelete