Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finished block 1

And six weeks until magazine 3 comes out with blocks 4 and 5. I don't cope with pressure well and even self inflicted pressure. I know I can do these blocks at my own speed and take more than the two years that this project is released over, but I know that if I take it easy at the beginning, it will get put to the side. A point in case are the two 2009 block of the month quilts. Both are still unfinished 18 months after the last block was published and I did keep up right until then end, but the Thimbleberries quilt lies half quilted. The TQS quilt needs the last border adding and then it needs to be pinned and quilted.

Here's my first block, the second and third blocks are already pieced and the stitchery traced. I am waiting until it's all finished before stitching the grass line to try and keep the size of stitches uniform all the way around as I haven't yet got my stitch size consistent yet.




And here's some lovely Moda spotty goodness to go with my Just a Hoot fabrics for the Vignette BOM and also for the interior of the Stitchers Keeper. The only one I won't be using is the green as it's too bright for these projects.

10 comments:

  1. Your first block looks lovely Sue, beautiful bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Those will look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colours you have used and love the extra turquoise border you have added to your bird block. It's nice to see how different people stamp their individuality into their work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about keeping up Sue...you are still two butterfly wings and a daisy ahead of me!
    Love your dots...they'll look great with your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love your block and the stichery is just wonderful. Love the poka dots as well.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Blocks looks Great...Love the Dots.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are soooo way ahead of me! Your work is absolutely gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo !!! I love your dot fabrics too !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, your block is wonderful and your stitching is lovely. OH how I love those dots! If it makes you feel any better, my 2009 Thimbleberries has needed only the last border for over a year now and there is sits, with my other 2009 BOMs that are ready to put together but I just can't get to them. I took on too many at once and just drove myself crazy. Now it is only work at my own pace projects. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your work and those polka dots!

    ReplyDelete