Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Some progress

Whilst recouperating from my day surgery op on Tuesday, it was the perfect time to stitch some more of the label whilst putting my feet up.

I chose to use the following as I couldn't readily get hold of the Lecien fabrics:
Patterned fabric - FQ stack by Moda called It's a Hoot by Momo
Script fabric - Sunkissed by Sweetwater for Moda
Spotted fabric - Moda essential dots in Lipstick
Background - Moda Marbles in baby white - although it is actually cream / off white

For the label I tried printing the pattern on to the fabric which I'd ironed onto some freezer paper. This worked reasonably well, but I hadn't realised the bounding box was 6" but the unfinished size was 7" so I've added in the turquoise frame to cover my mistake. Just a few stamens to add to the flowers in the label and then it will be time to trace the stitchery border. This I will be doing with Frixion pens which I saw on a blog which iron off. I have tested them on some scraps and they really do work. And you can buy them from Amazon.


  1. Looks great Sue, enjoy your hours of stitching :-)
    Happy stitching, P

  2. It turned out perfectly! Beautiful!!

  3. That little extra aqua bit around the birdie looks like it belongs there! Enjoy the stitching!!

  4. I was just about to say that I think the blue around the birdie stitching looks great adding some contrast and then read someone beat me to it. It does though.

    Hope you recovered well from your surgery and you enjoy the rest of your stitching! PS - I love it's a hoot!

  5. Well done it looks fantastic,clever girl.
    cheers shez

  6. Hi Sue
    Hope you are feeling better - the block looks great it is nice to be a bit different I think.
    Take care Pam

  7. I love it with the extra border!
    Those fabrics look great!