Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Friday, February 25, 2011

I've received my fabric!





Hi! After viewing your inspirational posts I have decided to join you ladies in stiching the Vignette mystery quilt.


I have also decided to use a different range of fabric. I have chosen Whimsy by FigTree. These colours are a fair bit different to the originals used by Leanne so I have also decided to use different colour threads. And also I am going to use DMC threads as I have a huge stash and don't want to convert just yet. I have included photos of the fabric and chosen thread colours. I am not sure on the thread colours yet as they may change after I have pieced the shoo fly blocks because fabrics throw up different colours when pieced in different ways. Let me know what you think of the colours. Not too sure if the red will be too much.


I am hoping to get the piecing done this week so that I can get stuck into the stitching.
Cheers ShelleyH.

3 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choice. Can't wait to see how it look sewn up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley, I think Leanne is also using some Fig Tree fabrics, from mixed ranges and Marina is using Butternut... So Lots of Fig Tree Fans doing the quilt! They all look lovely so far, yours will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whimsey is a lovely range. I'm a big Fig Tree Fan too. Hope you'll post pics of your progress.... it's going to look great.

    ReplyDelete