Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Issue 5 - Cutting Guide

Issue 5 - Full of Inspiring Eye Candy

I went out my local Patchwork Shop this morning and picked up the latest Issue and again I am impressed.  Lots of reading and inspiration and it sounds like the lucky ladies to go to Vietnam had a wonderful time.

I am also pleasantly surprised by the centre blocks for our quilt.  I don't know what I was expecting but this is not it and I LOVE it, thank you Leanne.

I am so impressed that I have started to cut out the pieces for blocks 6 and 7 but it was not until I had layed them out (the background pieces) that I found I was a piece short.

So just a quick post so you can amend your cutting list on page 32.  

Go down to the  "Fabric - Pink with little spots" 

In addition to what is listed you will also need a 5 1/2 by 7 1/2 block for Block 7.  The block is pictured in the layout on page 39 it just doesn't seem to be listed in the cutting guide. (If it is, I think I need new glasses and a stronger cup of coffee)

Enjoy your stitching, Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sharon for sharing this extra bit of info. I have to agree, I was very surprised with the centre blocks ... love them :-)
    Yes, it is a fantasic issue.
    Happy stitching, P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! Thanks for not giving away the center block surprise but now I am more eagerly anticipating the arrival of Issue 5. Also thanks for catching the cutting omission, so we all won't be scratching our heads wondering what we did wrong.

    ReplyDelete