Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Starting a little late here

Hi Everyone

Thought I post a little note to say I am joining in the fun of the Mystery Quilt.

Have been watching the blog, reading and re-reading the magazine, searching searching for the perfect fabric to try something different. Then I saw them the lovely new fabric collection by Monica Solorio-Snow "Happy Mochi Yum Yum" from the Happy Zombie.

Here is a pile of Yum Yum being made into shoo fly's

And a few completed!!


And a few more
Looking good (except the lighting tonight doesn't do them justice)

So they are coming together nicely.  I have chosen a hot pink spot instead of the red, and a lovely soft pink spot for the background of the bird stitchery.

I have nearly got Block 1 together but everytime I put another shoo fly together I think I want to put it in Block 1.... 

So I have decided to wait until all 60 are done so that I can have the choice of them all.

Anyway will keep you posted...

Happy Stitching Everyone!!

Caz


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks !!! I love this range of fabrics ! your quilt will be wonderful !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic choice of fabrics. Looking forward to seeing your first block assembled.

    ReplyDelete