Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Monday, January 11, 2016

Back at it... WILL finish in 2016

I still LOVE this quilt. I just can't get it off my mind. I am determined to get it finished in 2016. I did finish one long side last week and have begun to work on the middle section. Honestly, I dreaded this center section the most - I do NOT like doing satin stitches and this section has tons of those satin-stitched berries! I was able to get quite a bit done last night though so maybe I can work through this center section quickly.

I do need advise on marking the embroidery. I am using a water soluble pen and I don't like it. I am having problems making all the blue disappear on my finished piece - which I knew I would since I let it sit there for a year traced. That's a problem I created - but I will get it out. I know Leanne uses a fine point marker - I'm honestly scared I will not trace it well and you will be able to see it through the stitching. What does everyone use to trace?
One long section DONE
My one lone corner section - note the date!
The center section is started - darn those blue berries!

14 comments:

  1. Go for the fine brown pen. Try it on a small piece then you will be amazed at how it will not be seen. Keep going and happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have done. I still use 2B lead pencil it is always easy to run out of you haven't covered the line. Just make sure you keep cleaning your rubber if you are doing allot of erasing.Cheers Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Sewline pencil. Pink lead is what I use but I think it comes in other colors. They also have an erasable ink one that I've used. Test before using.

    And yes....keep plugging along. It isn't a race. Mine has become one of my favourite quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very cute! I don't enjoy doing satin stitch much either. I've been known to color tint with crayon or pencil and only outline to avoid it--lol! For marking, I like a fine sepia colored Pigma pen or the Ultimate Marking Pencil for Quilters. Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I should really get mine back out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful quilt. I wish you the best in getting it done. I love quilts with applique and stitchery on them, but haven't done very many so I can't give you advice. One hand quilter did suggest a regular pencil for quilting marks. I always thought you had to do the applique stitches before adding to the quilt so that any shrinkage could be accounted for, but I know some appliquers say they don't get shrinkage when they applique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you love this quilt - it is such a happy looking piece. Can't help with the tracing issue I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Leanne,
    Oh my, your quilt looks realy great. I wish I had those skills, too.
    Thanks a lot for your sweet comments on my alliums. I planted hundreds of new bulbs last autumn. Can't wait to see them in bloom this spring.
    Have a great weekend!
    Warm wishes
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates

    [-] Vimax
    [-] Vimax Asli
    [-] Vimax Canada
    [-] Obat Vimax
    [-] Pembesar Penis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates


    [-] KLG

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used a fine tip brown micron pen on my block (I've only got one done!!) and it is covered completly by the stitching. The trick is, the pen is so thin that you can easily cover it. Hope this helps. :-) Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt! Your embroidery is lovely.

    ReplyDelete