Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Finally at the party!


Hello all-
I'm late to the party but I am so glad to be here! Your versions of the Vignette in Stitches quilts are inspirational.

Our small quilt group just started the project. It looks a bit daunting but I'm sure we'll all survive.

I'm using very bold fabrics - primarily Kaffe Fassett. I do some sewing for my local quilt shop and she carries a ton of his fabric. I've never been drawn to his fabric before but decided to try and color outside my lines. When I gathered all the fabrics, I looked at it and said "it looks like fabric vomit". So......unofficially, it's my fabric vomit quilt! :)



5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the party! Lovely to see someone else joining in. Looking forward to watchng your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that orange fabric! That will be a very fun quilt with all those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I felt the same way about his fabrics but then saw the most beautiful Dear Jane Quilt made with his fabrics and rounded up a bunch of his fabric in 10" squares. His fabrics are certainly color saturated and I will look forward to seeing your quilt when it is finished. Watch that "vomit" turn into one of your all time favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have not been fond of Kaffe's colors nor even the Sugar Flower etc. colors. But I have been forcing myself out of my primitive, thimbleberry dark fabrics and have found I love them. And my 30ish daughter is so crazy about the quilts I am making. Maybe I just had to "get with the new." I actually love the look of your blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks gals!

    Ramona - I never would have thought to use it for a Dear Jane Quilt....I'd love to see a picture!

    I'm kicking around the idea of using the left over fabrics for my leader/ender project for 2012.....the original challenge on (quiltville.blogspot.com) was to use the color cheddar as the background color and make bow tie blocks. Our group changed it to using an 'unusual' color for the background - I was thinking a slate or black with the Kaffe fabrics.

    ReplyDelete