Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fabrics and Threads

Hi! My name is Nicky. Although I won't actually be starting my Vignette quilt this year I wanted to share my fabrics with the group. I am using the range that Leanne has used. It is so bright and pretty, different from the civil war reproduction fabrics which fill my stash.


Although I am looking forward to starting this quilt one day, I am currently working on my Dear Jane quilt which will be my wedding quilt and I am racing to have it finished by my wedding date next year. I bought all these lovely fabrics from Patchwork with Gail B and threads from Stitches from the Bush before I got engaged and wanted to make a wedding quilt. So, until I have finished that my Vignette quilt has been stashed away in it's own tub ready and waiting for me.
Happy stitching every-one!
Nicky

5 comments:

  1. Don't all those fabric and thread colours look so happy together in the tub? glad to know I'm not the only one who has all the bits and pieces for this gorgeous quilt, but haven't started it yet!
    Congrats on getting married next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have my tub of happy fabrics, threads etc. on this quilt. I told myself I have to finish longarming two more before I can begin. But every post I see here makes me head to my longarm. Winter should begin here any day now..(I mean the actual snow etc.) and that is when I get my best work done. This darling quilt will be my winter sunshine!!!!!!! I also bought Journey of a Quilter which I equally love. Leanne sees into our souls and knows what we love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided to make one too but will be using different fabrics so will have to check out my stash which is one little 56 ltr tub LOL. Pitiful I know but I'm told that one day I will inherit the largest stash in the world! I love your wedding quilt and have seen it evolving on your blog. SO beautiful and it will have such a beautiful story to hand down too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nicky, I haven't started mine yet also but I too love the fabric. I'm also becoming interested in civil war era fabric and would love to see your Dear Jane quilt. Might try and find your blog somewhere...do you have one? Hope so......Happy Stitching, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabrics look gorgeous Nicky, you are very organised.

    ReplyDelete