Please note - If you are a Non-Reply Blogger, you need to leave your email address, so that you can receive a reply, to any questions.



Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Itching to get stitching....


As I see bits and pieces of Perri's and Sandy's quilt - I'm itching to get stitching! I do have to admit I love the stitching part lots more than the piecing part. The only problem is... Cosmo threads are seriously hard to get! I don't think that they realised they'd be so popular here maybe? I'm going to have to start piecing my quilt as I am waiting very patiently for my Cosmo threads to arrive. I guess it's a good way for me to get organised and do the bit I don't love first! I do have a bit of a problem though - the FQ's all look so nice together I really don't want to cut into them! I even bought some nice new Foxglove Cottage Needles. Mostly because they come in a cute little tube! (Sad, I know!)

Hope everyone elses Vignette journey is off to a good start!

4 comments:

  1. get chopping.......stop stalling........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will agree, I prefer the stitching part to the piecing, thats why most of the time I piece first, leaving the fun bit as the reward for having pieced. So, have a coffee or tea, take a deep breath and start with the shoo-fly blocks! Can't wait to see your pieced block :-))
    Happy stitching, P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know which I like best. Stitching is nice and relaxing in the living room at night with TV and hubby...or should that be hubby and TV? And the shoo-fly blocks are during the day for me out in the sewing room. So I like both! I'm really thinking that I'll start the stitching even though I don't have the blocks all sewn together yet. I just can't wait. I have some of the Cosmo, so I can get started. I'm hoping the rest of the Cosmo will come by mid-Jan, and the rest of the fabric too. I just went to the sewing shops to get some more cotton for my other quilt top and they are both CLOSED!! How dare they!! So that's two projects on hold waiting, waiting, waiting. It's off to continue on with a UFO this arvo then, and maybe start a new project!

    ReplyDelete